
Today my dad took my son hunting..YES I MADE IT!!
I love animals, but my dad is a huge hunter..when I went to pick up my son all geared up it was a bitter sweet feeling to see the look on my dads face. He told me they walked about 6 rugged miles total, over boulders..holding on to trees to get up hills, it was really nice to see my father so happy...as I was leaving he said "he is my little hunting buddy"
Today was open season for squirrel, although they did not shoot one my son told me he had the best time, sitting and eating and drinking out of his thermos.
On the ride home, Nicky said to me "mom what am I going to do when papa dies?" OH what a hard question to answer...I saw my 14year old daughters eyes swell with tears, although she did not see me look at her. I wish I had a good answer for him, I don't, as I said in my other posts I can only wish everybody had a father like mine. So back to what I said I told him this is just a little travel tru time here on earth, and heaven is so beautiful and where everyone goes, where everything is perfect and always remember the good memories and take them with you, nobody can ever take your memories away.

No comments:
Post a Comment